Friday, January 19, 2007

u lala

My friend Wangu had been going on and on about-Toy Market-And I?I thought it was some kiddie girlie place where you can buy teddy bears and Powerpuff Girls pillow cases.Or like something I hear on CN-Toys R Us.
I don’t like stuffed animakls,I prefer a breathing pet.Last December she persuaded me to accompany her.
Being the wise shopper that she is,she stoped at the first bedding stand and bought a duvet forKsh:400,and a mattress cover for ksh30.
I was s-h-o-k-e-d! The duvet,had she bought it at Mutindwa or Ngara,could have gone for not less than ksh1,500!
So we took a stroll and came across a trader selling jumpers for 60 bob!
‘Come,come look at these wulalas.’ Wangu was pulling me to the jumper’s stand.
-Wu-what?!-
‘Wulala.’
Wangu is from TT and sometimes she’ll say something and a minute and a half later I’ll ask-Exactly what did you mean a minute and a half ago?-
Jumpers,she calls them wulala.Funny.
What though was really funny was the prices on the items in that market
A pair of socks,5 bob{same ones you buy for 30bob elsewhere},one and a half meter kitenge material,mia,table mats mbao,everything else was ten shillings.
I bought some passion fruits.They were real cheap and fresh.
I plan to go back someday buy me some warm gloves.
Toy market is Opposite Kibera Law Courts. Use No32c,Kencom,or No8 Railway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home