Monday, January 15, 2007

Brown Roses.

Yellow,orange,white,red,
pink,peach,maroon,roses.
Roses are beautiful.
Roses that grow out in the open-
have a good scent,
that settles into the back of your head
like a breeze.
My high school Principal put great store in her roses.You were not to be seen even trying to smell one.It was a great temptation:
When the orange roses blossomed,
When the pink ones budded
And when the wind blew off petals off the red roses,
To color the green carpet grass.
My young cousin Munyeki loves to arrange flowers.Sometimes he’ll create something so beautiful you’ll be itching to take a pic{and send it to success card makers}
I visited him some few weeks ago and he and his buddies brought me,say,three dozen rose blooms..White and red.Man!I wished they were older,and not relatives.
I slept late,that day,pressing the petals.
Now the red petals are crisp and a darker shade of red.
The whites?
What whites?
All I have is brown petals with a rose scent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home