Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Rules Aside

But I’ll cry,
When the tears come.
No need to close them in-
That only scorches the inner being.

When laughter comes,
I’ll laugh,
Enjoy the moment,
Relief my hear from worries.

I will jump,
To get a stretch.
And skip away,
When my hips need a jig

To the sound of music
I’ll give a bop.
And do a jig,
Shake it all loose.

A smile.
For the stranger child.
A coin.
For the beggar.

I’ll not increase my pace,
When the rain joins my walk,
I’ll stretch out my palms,
And untie my hair for the wind.

The bird that sing,
Its tune I’ll keep in mind,
To sooth me on quiet days-
Guku guku guku,gukuu.

I’ll not go to bed,
Just because its 2.a.m.
Nor get into the house,
For darkness is nigh.

The served meat I won’t touch.
The vegetable soup I’ll hold onto.
Cake and lollipop my treat-
And of course I do brush the teeth
(PUBLISHED ON 23RD DEC 2006,The Saturday Standard)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home