Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What If I said:

I miss you because,
When I put the kettle to boil, I wish it was for two.
When I cuddle with my cat in bed, I wish it was you.
When I rub mosquito repellant on my legs, I remember;
How well you did the same, they never touched me.
When my throat pains ,I miss your fingers rubbing in
the garlic.

I miss you because,
This room is a hall without you.
This place is a mess since you left .The clutter.
The clothes are unwashed.
And so is my hair, it’s no longer brushed,
Your strong arms were real useful around here.

I miss you because,
Your companionable silence kept us sane-
The way you walked behind me like a bigger shadow.
Your secret look which you thought I din’ notice,
Which I now miss.
And your hearty laughter that came suddenly but rarely.

(published on 23rd Dec,Saturday Standard)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home