Monday, December 11, 2006

Room Mates

I asked a question
All I got was a grunt
I suggested something
She snapped
I tried to explain
But made her burn with anger

My eyes stung with warm rivulets,
Which threatened to burst forth.
I rubbed them with my knuckles,
And the wells over flowed.

My head burnt,
Like a thousand pins-
Piercing through my nerves.
A hundred drummers,
Beat the tom-tom in my head


A lingering pain shot through my nose,
And wriggled its way into my head,
Through glassy eyes I looked at her.

A surprise it was to me,
For the angered face,
Was now contorted in pain
And inward suffering.
The heart bleeding for the harm done.

Through my curtained eyes,
I looked again.
Pity and yearning overwhelmed me.
The desire so strong that-
I could taste it.

I longed to hold her hand,
Embrace her and tell her
That all was o.k.

I stood up,
But instead of the embrace,
I turned and walked out.
{this poem,I wrote it in the year 2002,March 2nd.It was published along with /Getting it Right /Below,in the Saturday Standard,9th Dec 2006}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home