Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Power In Touch

A soft warm hand,
Gently stroke my hair.
Another soft and hard,
But still it bears the power.

And for the scratch on my back,
Blunt nails smooth away the itch
The open palm wipes it off.

With hurt and despair
The routine of life
My palm upon my chin
A firm hand rests upon my shoulder,
Takes away the pain,
The hurt
The despair
And I stand boldly to face life

And as I descended the stairs
I didn’t miss to feel
The gentle pat on my back
My heart glowed with joy
Felt there was meaning in life.

What joy!
What a world this would be
If we all could learn,
That there is healing and power
In touch.

{I wrote this poem in 2002.It's not much of a poem,but that was the best I could do then.Terence finally typed the articles,his finger is now numb.Thanks Terence:)}
Ciss 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home