Friday, April 27, 2007

My Old Friend

Lets not forget who we are,

How, late at night we sang,

When sleep was beyond reach

By the fire you wove, I read

Throwing bits of sisal and paper

To keep the fire burning

We were close

We laughed and drowned the silences

We sat quiet to clear our minds,

And took turns to check on the cattle


The distance can be bridged

But you know and I know well,

It’s not the distance or the time-

Change caught us abruptly

Though inside we know

I know ,you know ,there remains

A cord that will not thin

Despite passing fads and prejudice,

In spite of crowding and joyrides

Me ,you, we will always have be.


So let’s keep it and treasure

Who we are, what we were,

Let’s not forget.

I’ll come home, my beloved

To the land of hills and many trees

Though I may take time

And only come a visit,

We remain.


Perhaps with the passing of time

We’ll not be separated anymore

Let’s hold onto what we have, now,

Little but enough to accommodate our souls,

Just like the old times

Just like at the beginning ,my old friend.

©Ciss 27th April 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home