Friday, April 27, 2007

Daydreaming in The Rain

It’s a beautiful day for dreaming

The sun’s out behind gray clouds

And winged termites rush like hounds

The rain birds fast are coming.


Bring out the poms poms for dance

Trim the grass that we may sit

And hand me a whiskey clean and neat

Here on the fields where the brown hare runs.


The drop[s of rain taste coolly

The flavored the soil now I’m hungry

Can’t light the fire coz ma’ll be angry

Rolling on wet grass was ne’er folly


My papers are sticky and dumb

The pen fell in that puddle

Is this to much to handle?

I feel an itch in my thumb.


Five lines is what I got

No praise for soon it rained

And when I stood my knees pained

The yellow termite in my roof made a rot


I fell in the puddle of water

And the mud splashed my face

The rain is falling now it’s a race

Will postpone dreaming for later.

©Ciss27th April07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home