Friday, April 27, 2007

Further Ahead


I’ll sleep easy and dream

Forget the day, life’s film.

I wished upon an eye lash

Blew it, it rose, made me hush


I saw a shooting star

It shot and slid afar

Beyond my wish, my desire

And now there’s no luck for hire


Long days with short hours

Not even time to touch flowers

It’s a hurried life we lead

Ignoring our real need


We drive cars and even hammers

With less life than farmers

Chase ideas out of reach

While it’s a different call for each.


So tonight is just a start

A new valve’s in my heart

Set things straight when I sleep

Maybe put a sway in my hip


Further ahead we’ll look up

Long for sun ,for stars, for a nap

When the mind’s clogged and unclear

And silence is all you want to hear.


Make wishes ,have hopes, desire

And let them fly like kites

Tomorrow we climb higher

Up ,up and away to great heights


But wishes are light

Without substance like thin tights

Rather, sleep and dream

And keep flowing like a stream.

©Ciss26th april07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home