Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hope.

I don’t go visiting a lot,and if I have to,it is to and with specific people.When I was growing up I had one home I liked to visit,gwa cucu shiriba,my grandmother’s friend.
Now,I have another of those where I am a regular.When I say regular,I mean it.Like once a week.I’ll find just any excuse to go visiting.It is a nice quiet home where time seems to be on a stop watch minute I land there.I only get home after dark at such times.
Something real sad though happened a while ago. The head of the household, Mr Wang’ondu, he died. Ran over by the mad men that drive the Umoja 1 and 2 route mats,35/60.They hit him in view of all around, resisted any assistance from by standers, and carried him away. They said they were taking him to a hospital, only to dump him in a bush!!! That was very wrong.
Death is never dignified, or even easy to come into terms with. Mr.Wang’ondu’s death hurt many people.

The speaker at the funeral said something comforting .That our creator is a loving God.That God is love.
He’d never cause us to suffer or punish us to test our faith,by causing a painful death for our loved one .Only the devil is capable of such sadistic acts.Jesus described the devil as –A man slayer-John8:44
Which is true.The true God is our father, and just like a human father cares about his children, God cares about us and wouldn’t want us to lose our parents ,children, spouses, friends.
He is a God of love.We can go to him for comfort and peace of mind when we are hurting, without feeling like-you want to accuse him of ‘taking away’ your loved one. In any case, if God wanted to ‘take you away’, would he use an accident, fire, thugs, disease? No.
He also gives us something to look forward to in Isaiah25:8,9.When death will be swallowed up forever, when all tears will be wiped away.
Mr.Wang’ondu was a good man. Soft spoken. Now, I remember many times, he opened the door to their house for me. He would welcome me and hand me the day’s paper.
Coming in, now I remember way he would calmly remove his shoes, shake everyone’s hand, then continue. He was a nice man. But The true God will no doubt take care of Mrs.Wang’ondu, Joe and Hilda. We hope to see him at the resurrection {John5:28,29}.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home