Monday, May 28, 2007

Running Away From Esteem Erosion

When the orange ball rose suddenly,
I tried to give words,
Give and create meaning-
Like when I noticed the river’s constant flow,
As if for the first time

The cars swiftly cross on both lanes
I listen to their engines, and try to make sense
The man adorned in green and yellow, I try,
To determine which tribe he belongs
And that fat girl ,how old might she be?

I continue to sit, unperturbed despite
The fear that a crook could sneak upon me
And steal my bag , my books maybe
Or the phone I displayed
When Dan called and asked when I’d be home.
I snarled and said: Give me time dear,
Time.

My back is cold upon the concrete bench
Yet this place,
This space, is all I want now
14th May 07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home