Monday, March 26, 2007

I Want To fall In Love

When he walks in with his masculine glamour and splendor,
My organized thoughts do a shuffle
I giggle and grin
Of the wonderful headache on my left
My paragon
I wish,I hope,I wonder,if we’ll ever be-
Proud and annoying
Oh what he does to me.
What is it that he does to me?
I feel-
Exposed,a mess
Why do I wanna fall in love?He thinks I’m a fool.

I wanna fall in love,
With that tall,strong,slim, and handsome man.
I wait for the next time we hold hands,smile at each other…
Clothes look good on him,he caresses with his voice,
And makes a flumpy tampsy flop of me
And I,
Get nervous,giggling like silly and
Saying all the wrong things like-waao thas nice-
He’s seen me in overalls and thinks I’m k
He says,he doesn’t need to know me to love me,
-You love someone first when you see them,then decide for sure you want to love them-
He lifted me off my feet and kissed me,
I wanted to scream-with delight?Amazement?Happiness?Joy?Shock?
Then he said he was sorry.
Why do I wanna fall in love?He’s a fool.

But I wanna fall in love
Coz if I don’t I’ll continue to think straight,
And that aint good.
I need to fall in love so bad,
To get a bit tipsy and forget my rules.

So I’ll fall in love
With a beautiful man with flurry hair and cute stance
A man who makes me want to-
Sing and dance and bend my head a little,
A man,whose voice makes my heart beat in strange places
A man who’ll call to say goodnight,
Who keeps silent not to offend.
I watch him battle with many words
I see his smile through my eyes’ corners
I feel his hands search for mine
For a chance to hold me closer
He sighs my name when he sees me,
When he hugs me he whispers my name.

I want to fall in love
With a man not shy to look at me,
A man,who lets me be
A man,who tries to understand my ways
I’ll fall in love,with one who can guess my next words,
With a man,who’s not afraid to differ,
To say-But I don’t think that time is enough-
A man,who knows himself
A man who can think
Hm,I wanna fall in love.

{I read this at Kwani Open Mic,March 2007.It wasn't in line with the theme,but thing is.The topic was a bit,well,,um,hard.And the only poem I had close to it wasn't all that.So I decided I wasn' going to ask for a chance to read something,but I threw in a couple of poems in my bag.Then some friends showed up.And they so much wanted to hear what I'd read.I couldn't disappoint them,so I registered anyway.To read a love poem.They said if possible,they'd squeeze me in.I hoped they wouldn't.But around 9 pm,I was eating fries and thinking,,I love poetry,and how I'm I going to get home..the MC calls out my name,and starts to sing Cecilia you're breaking my heart.People joined in and I was blushing navy.So I took out one of my newest pieces.It was fun to read it,and the applause was encouraging.You can find a picture at http://www.campusvybe.com/index.php?show=3&id=ph&pid=Kwani%20goes%20audio%20visual#nogo}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home