Monday, March 26, 2007

No Satisfaction

Apart form 35/60 matatus,call boxes and over speeding cybercafé timers, the other thing I detest most is banks.Not just because I failed my Banking unit,no.
There was a time I used to get monthly paycheck. I hated the idea because of the subtractions which would be made to my peanuts.The check also delayed until a very disturbing time of the month.When I could finally make a withdrawal, I’d have so many debts I’d want to go underground.
Several times I made withdrawals from a different branch of the same bank,to avoid the queue in my branch.
They charged a double withdrawal fee.I had no idea until one day I went to get some cash and found a balance of 4 shillings!{hehe}
Recently I went to check on the status of my account,if it was still in operation. I’ve taken to saving my money with friends,and most times I’ve had just enough for the day. So.
To reactivate the account,I was to pay some cash.I went got some and came back to fill the form.I filled everything on the dotted line,even my ID Number which I don’t know of head but it’s in the first page of the note books I carry around..At the enquiries desk they asked for my ID.I have written it there,I said,pointing.I need your ID ,the lady said.Woi,she wasn’t laughing could remember where my ID was,in the bag I had used the day before, which was at home.Damn!What about my school ID?I groped to a reed.
She shook her head.
I thought-what the heck,and turned out to go to college and revise for exams due in 9 months.I couldn’t reactivate my account without an id?
I thought,,It was to their advantage.Coz really,it’s not a withdrawal I was making…Didn’t make it to school.I took a mat to go and pick the ID.I like to finish things I start,,,on Mondays.
I was feeling very annoyed on my way home,but my mind kept thinking things I could have asked the lady had I no better sense:
Hmm,so you want my ID,do you also want my Birth Certificate? An ultra sound?May be you’d like a blood sample too?A look at ,my baby pictures?My lower primary report card?
Clearly I was set off.
Just like jana when I went to pick up some pictures from a photo shop. They printed the wrong size!And try say that to a self righteous river road trader who’s been in the business to long.That he made a mistake?
I had already paid,for the pictures,,,,it was the 3rd film I was having printed and they said the price I had been charged for the first two was a discount price.
I was staring at pictures the size of passports!
One particular one of the sun rising over the sea was just, sand and half the ocean!Nilikufa ganzi{I felt weak}to make matter’s more complicated,those were not even my copies.How do you convince someone that the mistake only happened when their stuff was involved.I was so mad.But I was more shocked than mad.That studio,,Photo print Studio,Anna’s Arcade,Latema road,few paces from Odeon Cinema,,with profoto and Kodak posters screeming in orange;they have no people skills.They have no courtesy.They are too conceited. Ama business is good and they’ve had enough..Then why don’t they close shop and go start a chicken farm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home