Thursday, February 01, 2007

Youth

I long for way he’d stand close,
As I blushed,twisting my hair
My heart thudding,his breath in my face,
I’d forget to breath.

I long for way he smoothened my eye brows,
Touched my lips with a finger,
And quickly kissed me light.
Then leaned back to watch my flushed face.

I long for way blood rushed to my face,
And my palms grew cold and gray
When he’d lift my chin with his finger
And ask if I knew he loved me.

I miss his bright morning texts
-I’ll love you all day-
His goodnight texts
-Dream with me,coz,I will-

I miss the way he’d stare at me,
-If not you princess then no one-
He’d say and vow,
To never love or look at another.

I miss his squinting eyes
That always seemed rubbed or tired
His voice that recalled a soft drum
And his confidence that hid my uncertainty.

He made me giggle and snigger
He made me dress up and wear make up
I forgot my drap clothes,my canvas shoes,
With him I was a princess.

I could step into expensive hotels
And follow him into 8.45p.m movie theatres
My self image improved,I felt taller,
Criticism didn’t sink in.

After being with him I could go back,
And block off the snarling and sneering
I felt happiness like light foam inside,
Nothing could make this face frown.

If he returns I’ll be waiting.
If he doesn’t I’ll treasure memories.
If another comes by I might compare,
But if he be good I’ll love him.
Ciss.5th Dec

{I wrote this one evening.My cousins had come to visit.I found them in the house and after greeting them,I had to get away.I had to write this poem.It might have seemed very rude then,but I had to ignore proper social etiquette and get this poem out.I had many title for it but I decided to settle on this one.
I sent it to two of my friends and their comments made me feel that it was worth it.
Lew-that's the most romantic poem I ever read.I have never sat down to read a poem,but you make me.
Mutua-That must have been some guy huh?}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home