Tuesday, August 10, 2010

34,




I never did love children. I thought they were all selfish attention seeking, insane little humans, I remember when my cousin was born, I kept as far out of reach as was possible, that meant even offering to go give the cows a graze in the middle of the day.


Yesterday I got left by the bus and had to wait another 45 minutes for the next one and as I sat there feeling depressed, I started to go through my phone and was completely lost in it, I saw a figure pass very close to me, then felt someone standing behind me, I looked up and saw a hand outstretched. A young boy of about 10 or 11 years was waiting to shake my hand. He said how are you, smiled and went on his way. It took a while for my mind to register what just happened and it brought tear to my eyes.
One my good friends is a little girl called Pyu li, I’m friends with the whole family, but it is understood that whenever I visit, I went to visit her. She’s wonderful, she’ll draw some lopsided butterfly and write-Cecilia, and give to me. She loves me a lot, that’s for sure and as much I didn’t know it, I love her a lot, the same way I loved a young boy who despite his age spoke a lot of sense and always cheered me up. He’d buy me chapatti and tell me about school, I listened, and replied in English since he spoke quickly in sheng(Kenyan slang)
So when another young girl came over and gave me a card and a lollipop last week, I couldn’t help it when I got home and read what she wrote,she thanked me for being her friend. I sobbed.
It is very easy to ignore children. You think- ah, let them go over and look at some plants or something, or they should go play with other children. I remember when I gave one of my children’s stories to one kid, he said- Sis . Cecilia, why don’t you look for other names for the characters. These names are boring.
I’ll write more for kids, it’s harder but it’s a happier pursuit.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM , Blogger Sir Maoba said...

Ceci I ddn't knw dat u a this talented! Nice piece of work....

 
At 5:40 AM , Blogger Gathoni Ciss said...

thanks sir. How's Bots?

 
At 2:19 AM , Blogger Steve Finnell said...

THE AUTHORITY OF GOD? BY STEVE FINNELL

Where is God's authority recorded? Most denominations who use creed books AKA denominational church catechisms, use those creed books as the final authority for faith and practice.

The question is, if church creed books are used as the authoritative book, why read the Bible? The ironic thing about churches who use creed books is, they try to use the Bible to support their denominational creeds.

If creed books are used as the rules for faith and practice, then referencing the Bible rings hollow.

There is not one denomination that has written one verse of the Bible. Denominations write creed books. God does not write creed books.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word: and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Jesus did not say if anyone loves Me, he will keep the words of the church catechism.

1 John 1:4-6 .....as we received command from the Father......6 This is love, that we walk according to His commandments. This is the commandment , that as you have heard from the beginning, you should walk in it.

We are told to walk according to the commandments of God. There is no commandment that says to walk according to church creed books nor new books of revelation written by men.

If your church catechism AKA creed book, or your so-call book of new revelation contradicts doctrine that is found in the Bible, then one of two things is true. 1. The Bible is in error and therefore cannot be trusted for faith and practice. 2. Your creed book or book of new revelation is in error and cannot be trusted as God's message to mankind.

YOU CAN USE THE BIBLE AS GOD'S AUTHORITY OR YOU CAN USE MAN-MADE EXTRA-BIBLICAL SOURCES.


YOU CANNOT USE BOTH!

(Scripture from; NKJV)

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home