Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Rain

It's the first day of November and it's raining and raining.I love rain.Makes me want to sing all the -rain - songs I know.Kiss the Rain,It's like rain,on your wedding day.....
What I don't like is what it brings with it.Mud,slugs,jam,yeah.
See,going to school on rainy days is like being a player in the survivor series.I pass through a very muddy market called Mtindwa,and true to it's name,you can spend the day there,wading in the water.If you are wearing loose shoes,well,you will leave them right there in the sticky mud.The water(maria) climbs a few inches from you ankles and by the time you get to the other side you are quite a sight.I go all the way to the 'otherside ' of Nairobi,where all roads and paths are concrete and unmuddy.Makes me want to turn back the minute I get there when I look at my classmates and some have gone ahead to wear white canvas shoes and they are all white white.My umbrella broke,this morning,and my boots might not survive this season.It is very unacceptable-the fact that I have to buy an umbrella each rainy season.Don't say serves me right for being cheap,every one knows umbrellas shouldn' go for more than One hundred shillings[mia moja].Maybe I should buy a rain coat instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home